You can also see my full Kickstarter Profile to see what I've backed or my old Eye on Kickstarter page that was too unwieldy to maintain. Also, check out the 2017 Kickstarter Boardgame Projects geeklist over on Board Game Geek for a list of all the tabletop games of the year.
- GJJ Games Review
- GJJ Games Backed
- I reviewed Dragon Dodge last week and had fun playing the game. The updated artwork is really nice and the game provides a nice, light strategy game with a family friendly theme.
Cast your spells to move tiles and advance the dragons toward the other team’s wizards! But don’t forget to dodge the dragons yourself!
In Dragon Dodge you play a team of wizards in an arena with two dragons. Your goal is to cast spells to move the dragons around and tag the other team’s wizards. Your spells can also change the arena itself and the board shrinks as the dragons move around, making every game different.
- Last week I reviewed two games about harnessing the four elements, and ElemenZ is another game in that vein (and I have yet another game with a similar theme that I'll be reviewing in a few weeks). Yet, somehow, with all the games sharing a common theme, they're all drastically different. ElemenZ looks like a fun take on King of Tokyo style mechanics, with a few unique twists.
- I'm all for unique themed games, and The Last Garden has one of the more interesting I've seen in awhile. In a post-apocalyptic world the sole survivor has reprogrammed a bunch of robots to create artificial gardens. You play the robots working to recreate the gardens of The Queen's youth out of metal and scrap. Just don't tell my sons about these robotanists or I'll have them acting like robots in our garden all summer... =)
- I don't really get into miniatures games, mostly because of the cost, but this one looks really awesome. And scroll down to the bottom of the campaign to see how HUGE this box is going to be!
- Can't Stop Express is a travel sized version of the classic press-your-luck game, Can't Stop by famed game designer Sid Sackon.