Friday, December 23, 2016

Eye On Kickstarter #11

Welcome to my Eye on Kickstarter series!  This series will highlight Kickstarter campaigns I am following that have recently launched (or I've recently discovered) because they have caught my interest.  Usually they'll catch my interest because they look like great games that I have either backed or would like to back (unfortunately budget doesn't allow me to back everything I'd like to).  But occasionally the campaigns caught my attention for other reasons.  Twice a month, on the 2nd and 4th Fridays, I'll make a new post in this series, highlighting the campaigns that have caught my attention since the last post.  In each post I'll highlight one campaign that has really grabbed my attention, followed by other campaigns I've backed or am interested in.  I'll also include links to any reviews I've done.  Comments are welcome, as are suggestions for new campaigns to check out!

You can also see my full Kickstarter Profile to see what I've backed or my old Eye on Kickstarter page that was too unwieldy to maintain.  Also, check out the 2016 Kickstarter Boardgame Projects geeklist over on Board Game Geek for a list of all the tabletop games of the year.

NOTE: Late in the year is generally a very slow time for Kickstarters. There are fewer running now than at any time of the year and unfortunately nothing really grabbed my attention in the last two weeks. So I'm going to re-post a game that I featured a few weeks ago that is ending this weekend, plus two others that I've made posts related to previously.


HIGHLIGHTED CAMPAIGN
Solarquest Deluxe Edition
  • GJJ Games Review
  • GJJ Games Backed
  • This was a Highlighted Campaign a few weeks ago, and it's ending this weekend. They're VERY close to funding, so please check this campaign out and consider backing it. Solarquest used to be my favorite game as a kid. I even made an Oort Cloud expansion for my copy (which has since gone missing), which I think was my first foray into board game design. This Kickstarter is for an updated version of the classic game that adds a new class of properties (dwarf planets), makes a few adjustments to the rules, adds mission cards, and adds support for eight players. For a roll-and-move game that has many similarities to Monopoly, Solarquest actually holds up pretty well to modern game standards. It's still a roll-and-move real estate game, but it's infinitely better than Monopoly. Be sure to check it out for some light, casual, family fun!


New Deluxe Edition of the classic board game SolarQuest, with enhanced gameplay, magnetic fuel card, 8 player capability, and more.




Dice Coins 2
  • GJJ Games Review
  • Much earlier in the year I reviewed a set of coins for a game called Ultra Coins. The game was an interesting battle game similar to Magic, however each player used an army of two inch coins that could spin to determine the outcome of battles. Since that successful campaign Ultimate Custom Coins ran a second successful campaign for similar coins that could be used as dice. My review was mainly about the quality of the coins, so it's applicable to the newest campaign for a second set of custom dice coins.


Hunting Sasquatch

No comments:

Post a Comment