Friday, November 9, 2018

Eye on Kickstarter #53

Welcome to my Eye on Kickstarter series!  This series will highlight Kickstarter campaigns I am following that have recently launched (or I've recently discovered) because they have caught my interest.  Usually they'll catch my interest because they look like great games that I have either backed or would like to back (unfortunately budget doesn't allow me to back everything I'd like to).  But occasionally the campaigns caught my attention for other reasons.  Twice a month, on the 2nd and 4th Fridays, I'll make a new post in this series, highlighting the campaigns that have caught my attention since the last post.  In each post I'll highlight one campaign that has really grabbed my attention, followed by other campaigns I've backed or am interested in.  I'll also include links to any reviews I've done.  Comments are welcome, as are suggestions for new campaigns to check out!

You can also see my full Kickstarter Profile to see what I've backed or my old Eye on Kickstarter page that was too unwieldy to maintain.  Also, check out the 2018 Kickstarter Boardgame Projects geeklist over on Board Game Geek for a list of all the tabletop games of the year.
So, without further ado, here are the projects I'm currently watching as of the second Friday of November, 2018:



HIGHLIGHTED CAMPAIGN
Zoo-ography
  • GJJ Games Review
  • GJJ Games Backed
  • I had the good fortune to review Zoo-ography and I found it to be a fast, fun filler game that would be great for casual gamers, newer gamers, or as a fast diversion for more experienced gamers. There's hidden depth and variety in the objectives and attractions that you can add to your zoo that experienced players will appreciate, yet a simplicity of play and great theme that will attract casual players.


Create custom habitats, populate them with a variety of animals, and strategically build attractions to earn the highest rated zoo! In Zoo-ography, you've been asked to design a new city zoo. Build custom habitats, draft animals for exhibits, and strategically place attractions. Meet the city's unique objectives, and you'll earn the highest rated zoo! Featuring:

🐘 Animal Drafting - over 40 animals to choose from!
🦒 Tile Laying - build and manage your zoo's habitats and attractions.
🦏 Variable Objectives - Over 200 objective combinations means endless replay-ability!
💵 Awesome Value - 1-4 player Zoo-mongous game play and a great price!





Atlantis Rising
  • I think I've mentioned before, but I'm a big fan of the Atlantis story, so anything related to Atlantis immediately catches my eye. Here we have a cooperative game that was originally released in 2012 being brought back to life by Elf Creek Games. The original game was great and they're making this edition even better.


Welcome to Dino World
  • Welcome to Dino World looks like a fun roll-and-write game about designing your very own dinosaur theme park. While the theme seems especially popular recently, the gameplay also looks fun. Plus it has art by Beth Sobel, one of my favorite board game artists.


City of the Big Shoulders
  • I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago, so I'm familiar with a lot of the history and lore surrounding the city. City of the Big Shoulders is a heavy game that takes you on a journey from the years immediately following the Great Chicago Fire into the early 20th century and you try to build a great investor and entrepeneur rebuilding the city.


Terminus Breach TD
  • This is a fun looking, tower defense style game where the players cooperate to protect the city, but the most successful player is the winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment