Friday, February 22, 2019

Eye on Kickstarter #60

Welcome to my Eye on Kickstarter series!  This series will highlight Kickstarter campaigns I am following that have recently launched (or I've recently discovered) because they have caught my interest.  Usually they'll catch my interest because they look like great games that I have either backed or would like to back (unfortunately budget doesn't allow me to back everything I'd like to).  But occasionally the campaigns caught my attention for other reasons.  Twice a month, on the 2nd and 4th Fridays, I'll make a new post in this series, highlighting the campaigns that have caught my attention since the last post.  In each post I'll highlight one campaign that has really grabbed my attention, followed by other campaigns I've backed or am interested in.  I'll also include links to any reviews I've done.  Comments are welcome, as are suggestions for new campaigns to check out!

You can also see my full Kickstarter Profile to see what I've backed or my old Eye on Kickstarter page that was too unwieldy to maintain.  Also, check out the 2018 Kickstarter Boardgame Projects geeklist over on Board Game Geek for a list of all the tabletop games of the year.
So, without further ado, here are the projects I'm currently watching as of the fourth Friday of February, 2019:



HIGHLIGHTED CAMPAIGN
Exploration
  • I've been watching Exploration on the coming to Kickstarter lists for a while now. The campaign is chugging along slowly, so check this one out if you're interested in space themed 4x game. The artwork is great and the gameplay looks interesting.


Exploration is an innovative space themed game with a mix of deckbuilder, area control and unique orbital movement mechanics. You will take control of corporations at the start of the new Space Race. Send out colonization ships, dispatch science expeditions, collect resources, modify your designs, develop new technology, or even sabotage your opponent’s missions.
  • Unique orbital movement mechanics greatly increasing game immersion
  • Spaceship fleet deckbuilding game
  • Area control
  • A flexible strategy depending on your opponent's moves
  • 30 - 150 minutes of gameplay for 1 - 5 players
  • Solo mode





  • Tiny Epic Tactics
    • GJJ Games Backed
    • People Behind the Meeples Interview
    • I own every single Tiny Epic game and backed every campaign except for the very first Tiny Epic Kingdoms because I didn't find out about the series until the second game, Tiny Epic Defenders, was first on Kickstarter. I've quite enjoyed every game in the series, some more than others, and am excited about Tiny Epic Tactics. I'm in it for just $1 right now, but I'll likely upgrade to at least the deluxe version. I'm debating the extra maps though, since with shipping it makes it a $43 purchase and that's a lot when I'm on a budget. We'll see though, the 3d terrain and awesome meeples are very tempting.


    Coloma
    • I love anything with a western theme, or at least I love the theme and really want to love the game. Coloma brings the excitement of the wild west California during the gold rush to the tabletop in an action selection, resource management, engine building game. All of that sounds wonderful to me!


    Board Game Design Advice 2nd Edition
    • This second edition of the book includes interviews with 45 more designers! This book is chock full of game design advice from some of the industry's top designers and publishers.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment