Friday, March 22, 2019

Eye on Kickstarter #62

Welcome to my Eye on Kickstarter series!  This series will highlight Kickstarter campaigns I am following that have recently launched (or I've recently discovered) because they have caught my interest.  Usually they'll catch my interest because they look like great games that I have either backed or would like to back (unfortunately budget doesn't allow me to back everything I'd like to).  But occasionally the campaigns caught my attention for other reasons.  Twice a month, on the 2nd and 4th Fridays, I'll make a new post in this series, highlighting the campaigns that have caught my attention since the last post.  In each post I'll highlight one campaign that has really grabbed my attention, followed by other campaigns I've backed or am interested in.  I'll also include links to any related reviews or interviews I've done.  Comments are welcome, as are suggestions for new campaigns to check out!

You can also see my full Kickstarter Profile to see what I've backed or my old Eye on Kickstarter page that was too unwieldy to maintain.  Also, check out the 2019 Kickstarter Boardgame Projects geeklist over on Board Game Geek for a list of all the tabletop games of the year.
So, without further ado, here are the projects I'm currently watching as of the fourth Friday of March, 2019:



HIGHLIGHTED CAMPAIGN
Offensive Adult Party Game || by The Dragon's Tomb
  • GJJ Games Backed
  • The Dragon's Tomb does some of the best how to play videos around and now Jeff Kornberg has designed his very own game that reflects his own unique style. Seriously though, the game is actually a joke and the campaign is meant to support Jeff's YouTube channel. Since Jeff is producing some of the best board game humor on the internet though, this is a worthy campaign to back.


Do you love offensive adult party games? Do you get an adrenaline rush when you get to say "edgy" things you wouldn't otherwise say in public? If so, then you're going to love Offensive Adult Party Game by The Dragon's Tomb. Offensive Adult Party Game is a party game for 3+ players that takes under 1 minute to play and is exclusively for people who love offensive party games.




Age of Civilization
  • I love civilization building games, and I love small games, so Age of Civilization hits on both of those, plus it plays in about 30-40 minutes! I haven't backed this one yet, but there's a very good chance I will before the end of the campaign.


Kingdoms Lawn Game
  • It's not very often that you find a lawn game that brings in elements of strategy, but Kingdoms Lawn Game attempts to do just that. This was on Kickstarter a while ago and wasn't successful due to a high pledge cost and funding goal, but now it's partnered with ET Games (Rollet, Pucket, etc.) to help bring down the costs. ET Games is known for making high quality, super fun wooden dexterity games and I'm excited to see them producing Kingdoms Lawn Game!


Jabberwocky
  • I've had lots of fun with the games I've played by Jellybean Games, especially Dracula's Feast. One of their hits from 2017 was The Lady and the Tiger, a game system that contains 18 cards and a handful of tokens. Jabberwocky is a sequel to that title, also featuring a number of games that can be played with just 18 cards and several glass tokens. The artwork is gorgeous and the individual games look interesting and fun.


Trailblazer Game Stamps
  • I don't play RPGs, but I love maps. I've spent hours pouring over all sorts of maps for locations real, imaginary, and of my own creation just for fun. Maps of all kinds are like a peek into another world or location and I find them fascinating. Trailblazer Game Stamps are rubber stamps with various landscapes on them that can be used to quickly create your own great looking maps quickly. This first set includes some of the most common landscape types (mountains, hills, forests, water, etc.), but I think the most fascinating thing with these stamps is the potential for so many more awesome stamps to come! These could be so much fun!


Historical Metal Coins Second Wave
  • I'm on a limited budget for buying new games, so even though there are dozens I'd love to have, I can't afford to buy them all. On top of that, my shelf of shame is way too big, so it's hard to justify buying more games very often. Instead I've been focusing more on purchases that will help me with game design or enhance the gaming experience for the games I already have. A good set of metal coins is something I've been looking at getting to help with both prototype games and as a coin replacement in other games that use coins. These look affordable and it's pretty cool that they're based on historical coins.


Root: The Underworld
  • Root was one of the biggest hits of last year, selling out at Gen Con in just a few days. Now it's back with an expansion and also the opportunity to get the entire game. I love the artwork and the mechanics look like an interesting twist on area control and asymmetrical gameplay.


Flapjacks and Sasquatches: Company Store
  • This is the next expansion in the Flapjacks and Sasquatches lineup. It's not usually my choice in game style (although I'll play anything that hits the table), but a member of my game group is friends with the designers and apparently has his likeness on one of the cards in this expansion. Pretty cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment