Friday, April 26, 2019

Eye on Kickstarter #64


Welcome to my Eye on Kickstarter series!  This series will highlight Kickstarter campaigns I am following that have recently launched (or I've recently discovered) because they have caught my interest.  Usually they'll catch my interest because they look like great games that I have either backed or would like to back (unfortunately budget doesn't allow me to back everything I'd like to).  But occasionally the campaigns caught my attention for other reasons.  Twice a month, on the 2nd and 4th Fridays, I'll make a new post in this series, highlighting the campaigns that have caught my attention since the last post.  In each post I'll highlight one campaign that has really grabbed my attention, followed by other campaigns I've backed or am interested in.  I'll also include links to any related reviews or interviews I've done.  Comments are welcome, as are suggestions for new campaigns to check out!

You can also see my full Kickstarter Profile to see what I've backed or my old Eye on Kickstarter page that was too unwieldy to maintain.  Also, check out the 2019 Kickstarter Boardgame Projects geeklist over on Board Game Geek for a list of all the tabletop games of the year.
So, without further ado, here are the projects I'm currently watching as of the fourth Friday of April, 2019:

Live Campaigns from Past Eyes:
Paradise Lost
Endangered


HIGHLIGHTED CAMPAIGN
Kingswood
  • Kingswood is a light action selection game that uses a unique mechanic where you take both the action of the location you choose and the location you leave. Also, everyone is controlling the same group of adventurers, resulting in some interesting decisions and interactions.


The King has assembled the most prominent town guilds and issued them a challenge: rid the surrounding forest of monsters. Defeating monsters will earn your guild widespread fame and glory!

Players take turns controlling the adventurers moving about the village. The purpose of traveling to different locations is to either build up new or refresh your existing resources. For example, you will visit the Blacksmith for your swords, the Academy for your spell books, the Market for coins, and the Tavern for your hearts. Liquid courage perhaps? There are also 7 other locations in the game, of which you will use one per game. This adds variety to the playing experience as these special locations have a wide range of abilities.

Once you feel like you have enough resources you will venture into the Forest, which is one of the six locations. There you'll encounter a variety of monsters. These monsters will give you points to add to your glory and some of them provide immediate benefits when they are defeated. The first player to gain 20 glory triggers the end game and once all players have had an equal number of turns, the guild leader with the highest glory total is declared the victor!





Robin Hood: Hero of the People
  • People Behind the Meeples Interview
  • Robin Hood: Hero of the People is a solo game that came in third place in last year's solo challenge from The Game Crafter. The theme is great and the gameplay looks interesting.


On Mars
  • A game about colonizing Mars is enough to catch my attention. Add to that interesting gameplay, great art and incredible components and this looks really awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment