Friday, October 11, 2019

Eye on Kickstarter #75


Welcome to my Eye on Kickstarter series!  This series will highlight Kickstarter campaigns I am following that have recently launched (or I've recently discovered) because they have caught my interest.  Usually they'll catch my interest because they look like great games that I have either backed or would like to back (unfortunately budget doesn't allow me to back everything I'd like to).  But occasionally the campaigns caught my attention for other reasons.  Twice a month, on the 2nd and 4th Fridays, I'll make a new post in this series, highlighting the campaigns that have caught my attention since the last post.  In each post I'll highlight one campaign that has really grabbed my attention, followed by other campaigns I've backed or am interested in.  I'll also include links to any related reviews or interviews I've done.  Comments are welcome, as are suggestions for new campaigns to check out!

You can also see my full Kickstarter Profile to see what I've backed or my old Eye on Kickstarter page that was too unwieldy to maintain.  Also, check out the 2019 Kickstarter Boardgame Projects geeklist over on Board Game Geek for a list of all the tabletop games of the year.
So, without further ado, here are the projects I'm currently watching as of the second Friday of October, 2019:

Live Campaigns from Past Eyes:
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner by 25th Century Games
Camp Pinetop by Talon Strike Studios
Seven Bridges by Puzzling Pixel Games
Ruins of Mars by Atheris Entertainment
Sovereign Skies by Deep Water Games
Saints and Scoundrels by GCRS Games
POWERUP 4.0 - Smartphone Controlled Paper Airplane by POWERUP


HIGHLIGHTED CAMPAIGN
Vamp on the Batwalk
by Gold Nugget Games
  • People Behind the Meeples Interview
  • Vamp on the Batwalk is a fun looking trick-taking game with a big twist. Instead of looking at your cards and trying to figure out what to play, you'll only be able to see others' cards and just the backs of yours. This sounds like a cool twist on the trick-taking genre.


Vamp on the Batwalk is a unique trick-taking game where you play the role of vampires attempting to outperform each other in a fashion show. Unlike most card games, in Vamp on the Batwalk you only see the BACK of your cards, NOT the front! (You are a vampire after all, which means you can’t see how good you look in the mirror!)




Cosmic Colonies
by Floodgate Games
  • People Behind the Meeples Interview
  • Here's another Scott Almes game while we wait for Tiny Epic Dinosaurs to be on Kickstarter next week. I really like drafting games since they generally keep all players active throughout most of the game. Cosmic Colonies has you trying to build on asteroids with workers that are chosen in a draft.


The Search for Planet X
by Foxtrot Games
  • The Search for Planet X combines actual science with a cool deduction game. I like deduction, I like the theory that there's a ninth planet at the edge of our solar system, I like games. This is all of those!


Gameboard-1
by The Last Gameboard
  • I'm not sure that a 16"x16" gameboard is worth $300, but this does look pretty cool. I especially like the sensors in the board that let you use any components with the game. Still, $300 can buy you a lot of games that come with their own boards.


Scary Stories: A Tribute to Terror
by Curt Tuckfield and Shane Hunt
  • The Scary Stories books were some of my favorites when I was a kid. The stories were always just a little creepy, but fun. It was the artwork that I really loved though. This tribute really looks like it was created by the original author and artist. The artwork especially looks just like the haunting works of Stephen Gammell. If you're a fan of the Scary Stories books this will look great with your originals!

No comments:

Post a Comment