Thursday, February 18, 2016

The Siblings Trouble and GemPacked Cards Unboxings

Today I received in the mail, not one, but two Kickstarters that I've been eagerly awaiting.  Both are by Pencil First Games and Eduardo Baraf (I once did a guest video review on his Edo's Game Reviews channel).  I reviewed a prototype copy of GemPacked Cards back in September and thought it was pretty good, and I've been excitedly awaiting The Siblings Trouble since I first saw it way back in 2014.

So I'm sure you're all interested in what came in each box.  The component quality is awesome (all the tokens are really cool black core in both games) and the artwork is phenomenal, especially in The Siblings Trouble.  The box for The Siblings Trouble has a really cool magnetic closure, too.  I'm just going to let the pictures speak for themselves. 

Both GemPacked Cards and The Siblings Trouble:





The Siblings Trouble:




























GemPacked Cards:











The only issue I have with GemPacked Cards is the amount
of space between the top of the cards and the top of the
box.  I'm expecting a huge mess of cards every time
I open the box until I get some better storage.

Did you like this review?  Show your support by clicking the heart at Board Game Links , liking GJJ Games on Facebook , or following on Twitter .  And be sure to check out my games on  Tabletop Generation.


GJJG Game Reviews are independent, unpaid reviews of games I, George Jaros, have played with my family and friends.  Some of these games I own, some are owned by friends, some are borrowed, and some are print and play versions of games.  Where applicable I will indicate if games have been played with kids or adults or a mix (Family Play).  I won't go into extensive detail about how to play the game (there are plenty of other sources for that information and I'll occasionally link to those other sources), but I will give my impressions of the game and how my friends and family reacted to the game.  Quick Reviews will only get a single rating of 1-10 (low-high) based on my first impressions of the game during my first few times playing.  Hopefully I'll get more chances to play the game and will be able to give it a full review soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment