Friday, August 23, 2019

Eye on Kickstarter #72


Welcome to my Eye on Kickstarter series!  This series will highlight Kickstarter campaigns I am following that have recently launched (or I've recently discovered) because they have caught my interest.  Usually they'll catch my interest because they look like great games that I have either backed or would like to back (unfortunately budget doesn't allow me to back everything I'd like to).  But occasionally the campaigns caught my attention for other reasons.  Twice a month, on the 2nd and 4th Fridays, I'll make a new post in this series, highlighting the campaigns that have caught my attention since the last post.  In each post I'll highlight one campaign that has really grabbed my attention, followed by other campaigns I've backed or am interested in.  I'll also include links to any related reviews or interviews I've done.  Comments are welcome, as are suggestions for new campaigns to check out!

You can also see my full Kickstarter Profile to see what I've backed or my old Eye on Kickstarter page that was too unwieldy to maintain.  Also, check out the 2019 Kickstarter Boardgame Projects geeklist over on Board Game Geek for a list of all the tabletop games of the year.
So, without further ado, here are the projects I'm currently watching as of the fourth Friday of August, 2019:



HIGHLIGHTED CAMPAIGN
Rainbow Meeple Pins
  • No, it's not a game, but this is a project from local creator, Jennifer Jones. Get a pin in your favorite meeple color, or get all the colors at a pretty decent price!


I [Jennifer] love design, creativity, challenges and tabletop games. How do you deal with all of that love?...You start a small artisan business (on Etsy.) Yep, that's exactly what I did. I'm still pretty new, and I'm doing pretty good. I completed the massively challenging, yet beautiful, Giant Meeple Project Kickstarter and decided to keep the Meeple love going! One thing I've always wanted to do was design and make enamel pins. This Kickstarter is the beginning of that journey! If this Kickstarter is successful, I plan to bring many of the unique Meeple designs into existence that were part of the Giant Meeple Project. I just can't wait to see Samurai Meeple on an enamel pin! The funds will be used to design and manufacture those future pins. All backers will be granted a special Early Bird for all new pin projects!




Dungeon Degenerates: Hand of Doom
  • This game caught my attention the last time it was on Kickstarter. It has pretty decent reviews and the artwork is like something from a 1970's black light poster that Rob Zombie may have had in his room as a kid. It's definitely on the interesting side, even if the video does nothing to help the game's campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment