Friday, August 9, 2019

Eye on Kickstarter #71


Welcome to my Eye on Kickstarter series!  This series will highlight Kickstarter campaigns I am following that have recently launched (or I've recently discovered) because they have caught my interest.  Usually they'll catch my interest because they look like great games that I have either backed or would like to back (unfortunately budget doesn't allow me to back everything I'd like to).  But occasionally the campaigns caught my attention for other reasons.  Twice a month, on the 2nd and 4th Fridays, I'll make a new post in this series, highlighting the campaigns that have caught my attention since the last post.  In each post I'll highlight one campaign that has really grabbed my attention, followed by other campaigns I've backed or am interested in.  I'll also include links to any related reviews or interviews I've done.  Comments are welcome, as are suggestions for new campaigns to check out!

You can also see my full Kickstarter Profile to see what I've backed or my old Eye on Kickstarter page that was too unwieldy to maintain.  Also, check out the 2019 Kickstarter Boardgame Projects geeklist over on Board Game Geek for a list of all the tabletop games of the year.
So, without further ado, here are the projects I'm currently watching as of the second Friday of August, 2019:

Live Campaigns from Past Eyes:
Gridopolis


HIGHLIGHTED CAMPAIGN
GWAR vs. Time!
  • WHat the world always needed was a GWAR themed deck-building game. OK, maybe not, but that doesn't make it any less cool! I'm not sure about the gameplay - it looks pretty typical, but the theme is what is going to carry this game. The only reason I'm featuring this ahead of Sleeping Gods though is because I got to take my picture with GWAR at Gen Con last week!


GWAR vs. Time is a deck-building game. Players will build decks featuring their favorite GWAR characters, items, and locations, as well as their enemies, from throughout the band’s decades-long history. This includes characters like Berserker Blothar, Pustulus Maximus, Balsac the Jaws of Death, Beefcake the Mighty, Jizmak da Gusha, Oderus Urungus, and Sleazy P. Martini, as well a villains like Techno and Sawborg Destructo, Cardinal Syn, the Ultimate Bohab, and Boss Glom. The game goes deep into the GWARchives to find things from way back as well, like Cornelius Carnage.

We’ve even worked with GWAR to create some new stuff, like Toto Destructo, the Scumdog Utilities Collection Bureau, Marrowsucker on a Bender, and more!

The art is from GWAR, some from old and dusty boxes under the World Maggot, taking you on an artistic journey through time. GWAR has also created new never-before seen art just for GWAR vs Time! New Matt Maguire, people.

Goal:
To conquer your opponents by collecting the most Victory Points before the Time Pool is emptied.





Sleeping Gods
  • People Behind the Meeples Interview
  • I got to have a sneak peek at Sleeping Gods at Gen Con last week and it looks absolutely amazing. It's a cooperative sandbox adventure game that is steeped in the lore and gorgeous artwork that have become staples of Red Raven Games's titles.


Adventure Tactics: Domianne's Tower
  • People Behind the Meeples Interview
  • This combines deck-building with a cooperative campaign driven adventure game, a pretty interesting combination. The gameplay, art, and components look great, and Letiman Games always creates a top notch production.


Ultra Tiny Epic Galaxies
  • People Behind the Meeples Interview
  • I love the full size Tiny Epic Galaxies and now it's even more tiny! This is the second game in Gamelyn's Ultry Tiny Epic series, with UTEKingdoms being the first. It's a great way to make an pretty portable game even more portable.


Mr Meeple - Board Games Shirts
  • Are you looking for some cool board game related t-shirts? Check out this campaign where you can pick up some really cool shirt designs, and even help create the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment