Friday, August 11, 2017

Eye on Kickstarter #26

Welcome to my Eye on Kickstarter series!  This series will highlight Kickstarter campaigns I am following that have recently launched (or I've recently discovered) because they have caught my interest.  Usually they'll catch my interest because they look like great games that I have either backed or would like to back (unfortunately budget doesn't allow me to back everything I'd like to).  But occasionally the campaigns caught my attention for other reasons.  Twice a month, on the 2nd and 4th Fridays, I'll make a new post in this series, highlighting the campaigns that have caught my attention since the last post.  In each post I'll highlight one campaign that has really grabbed my attention, followed by other campaigns I've backed or am interested in.  I'll also include links to any reviews I've done.  Comments are welcome, as are suggestions for new campaigns to check out!

You can also see my full Kickstarter Profile to see what I've backed or my old Eye on Kickstarter page that was too unwieldy to maintain.  Also, check out the 2017 Kickstarter Boardgame Projects geeklist over on Board Game Geek for a list of all the tabletop games of the year.
So, without further ado, here are the projects I'm currently watching as of the second Friday of August, 2017:



HIGHLIGHTED CAMPAIGN
The Brigade
  • GJJ Games Review
  • GJJ Games Backed
  • People Behind the Meeples Interview
  • I had quite a bit of fun playing The Brigade for my review. There's still some tweaks and balancing going on, but the game is solid, funded, and knocking out stretch goals. Be sure to check out this fun fire fighting game in a great fantasy setting!


Choose a Fire Warden and build your Brigade, then race to save Tinderbox from a magical Firestorm that has been unleashed on the town!

Welcome to Tinderbox... Where a magical fire storm has appeared above the Pyromancers University and fireballs are raining down on the city. Take control one of four rival fire wardens and build up your brigade to protect the citizens of Tinderbox. Putting out fires will earn the loyalty of the townsfolk and see you elected to the position of Fire Chief of Tinderbox, and win the game.





Bearded Meeple Reviews
  • GJJ Games Backed
  • Tyler Anderson, AKA The Bearded Meeple, does some of the best short video reviews out there. In about five minutes (sometimes even less) he'll give you an overview of a game, show you how to play, and tell you if he likes it. I swear, he must be a time lord, because after his quick little reviews you feel like you know as much about the games as other reviewers' 30 minute reviews! Be sure to check him out and show him some support, he's one of the best in the business!


Dawn of the Archmage
  • Back in May I reviewed a quick card game called Archmage: Origins by SolarFlare Games. This was the precursor to Dawn of the Archmage, a much larger miniatures game. The minis, artwork, and gameplay look really great in this second game set in the Archmage universe!


Off the Rails
  • People Behind the Meeples Interview
  • If you're looking for a game with interesting mechanics and unique components, you'll definitely want to check out Off the Rails. This looks like a whole lot of fun and the mechanics with moving your mine carts around on the rails and controlling the speed with dice. It looks like so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment