Friday, December 28, 2018

Eye on Kickstarter #56

Welcome to my Eye on Kickstarter series!  This series will highlight Kickstarter campaigns I am following that have recently launched (or I've recently discovered) because they have caught my interest.  Usually they'll catch my interest because they look like great games that I have either backed or would like to back (unfortunately budget doesn't allow me to back everything I'd like to).  But occasionally the campaigns caught my attention for other reasons.  Twice a month, on the 2nd and 4th Fridays, I'll make a new post in this series, highlighting the campaigns that have caught my attention since the last post.  In each post I'll highlight one campaign that has really grabbed my attention, followed by other campaigns I've backed or am interested in.  I'll also include links to any reviews I've done.  Comments are welcome, as are suggestions for new campaigns to check out!

You can also see my full Kickstarter Profile to see what I've backed or my old Eye on Kickstarter page that was too unwieldy to maintain.  Also, check out the 2018 Kickstarter Boardgame Projects geeklist over on Board Game Geek for a list of all the tabletop games of the year.
So, without further ado, here are the projects I'm currently watching as of the fourth Friday of December, 2018:



HIGHLIGHTED CAMPAIGN
LunaTix: Star Trackers
  • This is an intriguing looking game about astronomy. Using real science, players are racing to be the first to get to the moon.


The players are astronomers coming from different continents and travelling around planet Earth. They are looking for great observation spots to accumulate enough stellar navigation knowledge and experience (Ticket points called ‘Tix’) to face a trip to the Moon (Luna). Tix can be earned by visiting new continents, using new vehicles and by observing the Moon, the planets (expansion) and the constellations of stars. In the endgame the Tix are essential to overcome the navigation problems you might encounter on your way to the Moon. The first player reaching the Moon due to sufficient knowledge wins the game. When playing solo, a time restriction is added to win the game depending on the difficulty level.

About the game
LunaTix: Star Trackers is an educational Board Game which combines astronomy and space navigation. It is developed by Vincent Verhoeven, who works for the Public Observatory Armand Pien at Ghent in Belgium. This unique game contains artwork by Marian Pontier, André De Coster, Nancy Scherlynck and it also contains stylish miniature designs for the expansions by Jeff McDowall Design. It takes 1 to 6 players to play the game and plays in 30 to 60 minutes.





Nocturion
  • It's rare for a big game to launch at the end of December, but Nocturion is aiming to be one of those. Brought to us by the same team that released the Dwar7es series of games, this worker placement, dice, and resource management game has stunning artwork and looks interesting to play, too.


Kraken Ataken!
  • If you're in the mood for a fast, light game about krakens attacking pirate ships, then this one looks like it could be quite fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment