Friday, January 11, 2019

Eye on Kickstarter #57

Welcome to my Eye on Kickstarter series!  This series will highlight Kickstarter campaigns I am following that have recently launched (or I've recently discovered) because they have caught my interest.  Usually they'll catch my interest because they look like great games that I have either backed or would like to back (unfortunately budget doesn't allow me to back everything I'd like to).  But occasionally the campaigns caught my attention for other reasons.  Twice a month, on the 2nd and 4th Fridays, I'll make a new post in this series, highlighting the campaigns that have caught my attention since the last post.  In each post I'll highlight one campaign that has really grabbed my attention, followed by other campaigns I've backed or am interested in.  I'll also include links to any reviews I've done.  Comments are welcome, as are suggestions for new campaigns to check out!

You can also see my full Kickstarter Profile to see what I've backed or my old Eye on Kickstarter page that was too unwieldy to maintain.  Also, check out the 2018 Kickstarter Boardgame Projects geeklist over on Board Game Geek for a list of all the tabletop games of the year.
So, without further ado, here are the projects I'm currently watching as of the second Friday of January, 2019:



HIGHLIGHTED CAMPAIGN
Promo Paradise
  • GJJ Games Backed
  • If you're into promos, check out Promo Paradise. There are a ton of great promos for a ton of great games. However, that's not the best reason to back Promo Paradise. This is a campaign that is meant to support a few excellent content creators in the board game community. Backing Promo Paradise helps support Derek and Lizzy Funkhouser from The Boadgame Spotlight and Martyn Poole from Board Game Exposure and Board Game Exposé. All of these outlets are providing excellent content and communities for board gamers.


Welcome to Promo Paradise where you can get awesome new content for your favorite games like Too Many Bones, Lords of Hellas, Teotihuacan, Dice Settlers, Vindication, Champions of Midgard, Western Legends, and so much more! Many of these promos you can't get anywhere else!

Promo Paradise is a community driven project brought to you by The Board Game Spotlight and Board Game Exposure. That means we've built this campaign with one thing in mind; you, the backer! Your pledge will help us run those huge communities and bring you more awesome opportunities like this one!

We're offering what we believe is a great package of promos for some of your favorite games and at great prices too! Throughout the campaign, we will hold community polls, livestreams, and various updates to keep everyone involved and informed.





Western Legends: Ante Up
  • I missed out on Western Legends because it wasn't in the budget at the time, and now the first expansion is available on Kickstarter. Ante Up adds more areas to explore, new ways to gamble, new characters, and tons more. This sandbox style western themed game really looks awesome.


AVGhost Paranormal Investigation
  • It may be a bit gimmicky, but this game should be played in the dark. Each figure has a small LED light on it that illuminates just the area around it. This isn't the first time I've seen a game employ this type of gameplay, but it may be the most fleshed out.


Animal Kingdoms
  • People Behind the Meeples Interview
  • Animal Kingdoms is an area control game by Steven Aramini. This great looking game won the Cardboard Edison Award last year. Congratulations!


Tsuro: Phoenix Rising
  • Tsuro is one of my favorite simple games to introduce to new gamers. It's light, fast, and looks great. Phoenix Rising adds some new mechanics to the Tsuro line of games and they look like a ton of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment