Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Harbour by Scott Almes and Tasty Minstrel Games - Unboxing

Back in July I backed my first two Kickstarter games (aside from Robot Turtles, which was a present for my boys in 2013).  I backed Harbour by Tasty Minstrel Games and Tiny Epic Defenders by Gamelyn Games, both designed by Scott Almes, and both, I'm excited to say, are shipping two months early!  Today in the mail I received Harbour and I just couldn't wait to open it!  So here are pictures of the game box and components.

The Harbour box is 6"x4"x1.5" - small enough to carry in a pocket.

Inside the box is packed pretty tightly with components.

Everything from inside the box, including the Belfort guilds promo pack.

The character boards look great!
Instructions and building cards.

Tons of characters!

Look at all those awesome building cards!

The resource squares have stickers that need to be added.

Check out the AWESOME goblin meeples!

Adding the stickers to the resource cubes really makes them look great.
So, what do I think of the game on first inspection?  It really looks awesome.  The artwork is fantastic and all the components are top notch.  I am a little concerned about how well the stickers will hold up over time, but for now they look really good.  Also, the quality of the box, while nice, is a little under what some of my other Kickstarter games (that I bought post campaign) are.  Tiny Epic Kingdoms and Rise! were both originally Kickstarter games and the boxes are a little more durable and made of white cardboard instead of brown.  But that's a super minor detail and the actual game components took great!

I can't wait to get the game to the table to see how it plays.  I've loved all the other Scott Almes games I've played and from what I've read and watched, Harbour will be no exception!

No comments:

Post a Comment