Friday, September 23, 2016

Eye on Kickstarter #5

Eye on Kickstarter #5

Welcome to my Eye on Kickstarter series!  This series will highlight Kickstarter campaigns I am following that have recently launched (or I've recently discovered) because they have caught my interest.  Usually they'll catch my interest because they look like great games that I have either backed or would like to back (unfortunately budget doesn't allow me to back everything I'd like to).  But occasionally the campaigns caught my attention for other reasons.  Twice a month, on the 2nd and 4th Fridays, I'll make a new post in this series, highlighting the campaigns that have caught my attention since the last post.  In each post I'll highlight one campaign that has really grabbed my attention, followed by other campaigns I've backed or am interested in.  I'll also include links to any reviews I've done.  Comments are welcome, as are suggestions for new campaigns to check out!

You can also see my full Kickstarter Profile to see what I've backed or my old Eye on Kickstarter page that was too unwieldy to maintain.  Also, check out the 2016 Kickstarter Boardgame Projects geeklist over on Board Game Geek for a list of all the tabletop games of the year.

So, without further ado, here are the projects I'm currently watching as of the fourth Friday of September, 2016:


HIGHLIGHTED CAMPAIGN
PWNs - A Game of Strategic Mayhem
  • GJJ Games Review
  • GJJ Games Backed
  • PWNs might not look like a serious game, and you're right, it's not serious. It's hilarious! It's a chaotic game that's full of laughs and mayhem filled fun. The artwork isn't masterpiece quality, but it fits the theme and gameplay perfectly. I couldn't imagine the game with serious artwork. I had a chance to review this when it was getting ready for its first campaign and I loved it. My friends loved it. My kids loved it. Their friends loved it. Everyone had an absolute blast playing PWNs and the game has only gotten better! Definitely check it out!


The ultimate, easy-to-learn strategy game you will never play the same way twice!

PWNs is a unique game where you command your team of pawns to traverse a board filled with potentially-dangerous terrain to battle your way to victory. Your team will use a combination of cards, abilities, and terrain to knock out enemy PWNs. The object is to knock out just one team from the game. Then whichever team has the most remaining players with the most health points wins! With so many possible combinations and variations randomly assigned at the beginning of the game, you'll never play the same game twice.





ORIGINZ - The Superpowered Card Game
  • People Behind the Meeples Interview
  • If you are a fan of comic books and super hero games, be sure to check this one out. There are a bunch of different characters and you can play them with either hero or villain abilities! The artwork looks great, and the gameplay looks fun. Plus I had a chance to interview the designer, Evan Hunt!


Ember: From the Ashes
  • People Behind the Meeples Interview
  • Ember: From the Ashes is the first expansion to the successfully Kickstarted Ember: The Magical Card Game. This expansion adds a bunch of new cards, a few new mechanics, and some incredible artwork. It's from designer and publisher Stuart Garside (call him Stewie though, it makes him laugh).


Stellar Armada
  • GJJ Games Review
  • There seem to be more and more of these $1 games popping up on Kickstarter. Stellar Armada is one of the latest, and it looks quite interesting. Space combat for just $1!


Mars 4:45
  • I'm a sucker for anything Mars. I've loved the red planet ever since I was a kid (heck, I just love astronomy, so the same could be said about Jupiter, Saturn, extrasolar planets, etc.). I really love the simple, clean, yet striking artwork from Mars 4:45 and the gameplay looks very interesting, too!


Z.O.R.P. (Zombie Oblivion Response Pack)
  • ZORP was actually on my list of games to review. I did manage to play the game and found it quite a bit lacking. The version on Kickstarter has a few changes and I will be getting a review out next week for the game that talks aobut some of these changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment