Friday, October 28, 2016

Eye on Kickstarter #7

 
Welcome to my Eye on Kickstarter series!  This series will highlight Kickstarter campaigns I am following that have recently launched (or I've recently discovered) because they have caught my interest.  Usually they'll catch my interest because they look like great games that I have either backed or would like to back (unfortunately budget doesn't allow me to back everything I'd like to).  But occasionally the campaigns caught my attention for other reasons.  Twice a month, on the 2nd and 4th Fridays, I'll make a new post in this series, highlighting the campaigns that have caught my attention since the last post.  In each post I'll highlight one campaign that has really grabbed my attention, followed by other campaigns I've backed or am interested in.  I'll also include links to any reviews I've done.  Comments are welcome, as are suggestions for new campaigns to check out!

You can also see my full Kickstarter Profile to see what I've backed or my old Eye on Kickstarter page that was too unwieldy to maintain.  Also, check out the 2016 Kickstarter Boardgame Projects geeklist over on Board Game Geek for a list of all the tabletop games of the year.

So, without further ado, here are the projects I'm currently watching as of the second Friday of October, 2016:


HIGHLIGHTED CAMPAIGN
Tiny Epic Quest
  • GJJ Games Backed
  • This was an insta-back for me. I love everything Tiny Epic! I haven't played a Tiny Epic game yet that I haven't loved. The campaign launched today (just a couple of hours ago) and it's already funded. The idea of a sandbox adventure game that fits in a Tiny Epic box is great, and the ITEMeeples are really ingenious. Is it August yet?


A 45 min sandbox adventure for 1-4 players w/ limited action selection, grid movement, press-your-luck & Item-Holding Meeples!

Tiny Epic Quest is the classic story of a fairy tale world overrun by evil and in need of heroes... that's where you come in!

Tiny Epic Quest is a competitive game, where each player controls a band of three heroes and will travel a vast world fighting goblins, learning spells, completing quests and acquiring powerful magic items!





Stitches
  • GJJ Games Review
  • Stitches is a game I had the opportunity to review. It wasn't really my cup of tea and didn't go over very well with my game groups, but with the right group of people this could be a silly, hilarious time. The theme and premise are great.


Tiki Island
  • GJJ Games Review - Coming Soon!
  • Unfortunately my review copy came too late to get this played and reviewed during the campaign, but the game looks like a really fun, family game. I'm really looking forward to getting the game to the table. Hopefully the game is successful and my review will help their retail sales, but if not, I'll have a review ready for a relaunched campaign.


C.O.G.
  • C.O.G. looks like a wonderfully fun steampunk themed word game. Dr. Finn does some really gorgeous games. They're generally pretty light, but lots of fun, and the theme of C.O.G. really caught my eye.


ILLIMAT
  • There's just something about ILLIMAT that is timeless. The classic look of the game is captivating. It looks like something that would have been played in smokey parlors in the 1800's by rich Victorian gentlemen in top hats. I love when a new game comes out that looks like it's been around forever. The gameplay looks fairly interesting, and accessible to traditional card players, too.


Bears vs Babies
  • I didn't back Exloding Kittens, and likely won't back this either, but it's worth watching. Anything that raises over $1,000,000 in 30 hours is going to be a spectacle worth keeping an eye on.


Giant Squishable Foam Dice
  • What gamer wouldn't love to have these? About the size of a stress ball, these foam dice look like they'd be a blast to play with, or to have available to chuck at friends at game night when they steal your move.

No comments:

Post a Comment