Friday, December 9, 2016

Eye on Kickstarter #10

Welcome to my Eye on Kickstarter series!  This series will highlight Kickstarter campaigns I am following that have recently launched (or I've recently discovered) because they have caught my interest.  Usually they'll catch my interest because they look like great games that I have either backed or would like to back (unfortunately budget doesn't allow me to back everything I'd like to).  But occasionally the campaigns caught my attention for other reasons.  Twice a month, on the 2nd and 4th Fridays, I'll make a new post in this series, highlighting the campaigns that have caught my attention since the last post.  In each post I'll highlight one campaign that has really grabbed my attention, followed by other campaigns I've backed or am interested in.  I'll also include links to any reviews I've done.  Comments are welcome, as are suggestions for new campaigns to check out!

You can also see my full Kickstarter Profile to see what I've backed or my old Eye on Kickstarter page that was too unwieldy to maintain.  Also, check out the 2016 Kickstarter Boardgame Projects geeklist over on Board Game Geek for a list of all the tabletop games of the year.

So, without further ado, here are the projects I'm currently watching as of the second Friday of December, 2016:


HIGHLIGHTED CAMPAIGN
Wizards of the Tabletop: A Game Designer Portrait Book
  • So this isn't a game, but it's a great homage to board game designers and others in the industry that are responsible for bringing your favorite games to you. Featuring portraits from some great designers, like Steve Jackson, Kristin Looney, Eric Lang, Jamey Stegmaier, and tons more, this looks like a great addition for any serious gamer's collection.


This is the ultimate Game Table Accessory. Wizards of the Tabletop: Portraits of Game Designers & Accomplices is a celebration of the people behind the box. Not just a coffee table book, this is a game table book and is a way to share with family and friends your enthusiasm for tabletop gaming. The text presents a history of the hobby with pictures of designers, publishers, artists and the games themselves from 1995 to the present.




Kingdom Death: Monster 1.5
  • If you haven't heard of Kingdom Death: Monster where have you been? This campaign is for the second printing (with some updates and revisions). The first printing became famous for including an amazing amount of components, including miniatures (some not so mini), in a HUGE box. Also, for earning over $2 million. Well, the game is back, and it just exploded out of the gate, and is already almost at $8 million!


Ether Wars
  • This looks like an interesting combination of dice manipulation and placement, resource management, and area control combat. Plus the theme and artwork looks great.


Coulin
  • I watched the gameplay video, and I'm not sure the game will be that great, but oh man, check out those custom dice! They're awesome!


Quodd Heroes
  • I guess I have something for awesome custom dice this go-round. These aren't exactly dice in Quodd Heroes, but dice shaped miniatures. Each side of the miniature has a different ability. This looks like quite a fun game with some new, interesting mechanics and awesome looking minis.

No comments:

Post a Comment