Friday, September 22, 2017

Eye on Kickstarter #29

Welcome to my Eye on Kickstarter series!  This series will highlight Kickstarter campaigns I am following that have recently launched (or I've recently discovered) because they have caught my interest.  Usually they'll catch my interest because they look like great games that I have either backed or would like to back (unfortunately budget doesn't allow me to back everything I'd like to).  But occasionally the campaigns caught my attention for other reasons.  Twice a month, on the 2nd and 4th Fridays, I'll make a new post in this series, highlighting the campaigns that have caught my attention since the last post.  In each post I'll highlight one campaign that has really grabbed my attention, followed by other campaigns I've backed or am interested in.  I'll also include links to any reviews I've done.  Comments are welcome, as are suggestions for new campaigns to check out!

You can also see my full Kickstarter Profile to see what I've backed or my old Eye on Kickstarter page that was too unwieldy to maintain.  Also, check out the 2017 Kickstarter Boardgame Projects geeklist over on Board Game Geek for a list of all the tabletop games of the year.
So, without further ado, here are the projects I'm currently watching as of the fourth Friday of September, 2017:



HIGHLIGHTED CAMPAIGN
Dice of Pirates
  • A few months ago I reviewed Dice of Crowns and loved the game. Dice of Pirates is the second in the series and adds some new twists the the mechanics already familiar from Dice of Crowns. The pirate theme looks fun and the new battling mechanic looks intriguing. If this is as much fun as Dice of Crowns, it'll be another winner!


Dice of Pirates is a fast-paced game of piracy for 2 to 6 players! The newest game in the award winning pocket tin dice series! The Winds of Fate are blowing, and fortune favors the bold. There is treasure out there waiting to be plundered, and coffers to be filled. It just takes a Captain with the will and strength to grab it. The seas are full of dangerous monsters and rival Pirate Captains, but this moment is yours not theirs. Your sails are full, your ships are ready, and your sword is sharp. Time to sail the seas, and make your name!




Trench
  • The European hit abstract strategy game is finally going to be available worldwide! Trench is an absolutely stunning looking abstract strategy game for two players, all about the trench warfare of World War I. Using some very interesting mechanics as pieces sit on and cross the trench line that diagonally divides the board, Trench brings a level of elegance and sophistication to the table. This is a game that looks just as great when it's not being played as it does in action.


Dawn of the Archmage
  • Back in May I reviewed a quick card game called Archmage: Origins by SolarFlare Games. This was the precursor to Dawn of the Archmage, a much larger miniatures game. The minis, artwork, and gameplay look really great in this second game set in the Archmage universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment